Understanding The Basics of Job Costing in QuickBooks Pro/Premier and Enterprise – New Webinar
Trying to figure out the basics of using jobs and job costing in QuickBooks Pro/Premier or Enterprise?
If so, this webinar is for you!
WHAT I’LL COVER…
Our focus in this webinar will be the basic setup, usage, and reporting of jobs in the Pro/Premier and Enterprise versions of QuickBooks (sorry…NOT covering QB Online in this session).
- Customers vs. Jobs – what’s the difference?
- Adding a job
- QuickBooks fields for tracking information unique to the job
- Creating a job estimate
- Buying materials for a job / tracking job related expenses
In addition, we’ll be discussing:
- Job items vs job expenses – why items are very helpful
- Converting a job estimate to an invoice (in full or partial)
- Using inventory for a job
- Tracking labor to jobs (time vs dollars)
- Job reports, including (but not limited to):
- Profit and Loss by Job
- Estimates vs. Actuals by Job
- Unbilled costs by job
- Open PO by job
- Class tracking for jobs